This will be my last post on this topic--at least for awhile. I'm going home tonight. The system is also operating smoothly enough that continuing to comment on it would be boring for you to read and me to write.
Most of the card vending machines are now operational. This is a big convenience for researchers to be able to replace their cards that have depleted the copies credited on them without leaving the floors on which they are working.
As expected, the change-over is a little more difficult for experienced users than it is for 1st timers. Some of us have to forget how we used to do it so that we can learn how to do it now. Newbies can start at step 2.
The missionary volunteers on each shift are learning with the patrons how the system works.
One remaining problem is that it seems not to be possible to sort the printer job queue. A short time ago I had to scroll through 14 pages of print jobs to find the ones I had just sent to the system.
Overall the implementation is going well due to the good strategic planning and tactical deployment by the staff on behalf of those of us who research here. Thank you for a job well done!